Campus Testing Center – Student Guidelines
How to schedule your exam at the Campus Testing Center
Students and Instructors will use RegisterBlast, a new reservation system integrated within Canvas, to book accommodated tests in the Campus Testing Center (CTC).
Test request process for the CTC: Instructors will first need to schedule tests through RegisterBlast at least 5-business days prior to the test date. Students will then need to reserve their seats in the CTC at least 3 days (72 hours) prior to their scheduled test. There will be no instructor confirmation required for exams since instructors will be entering the approved test day/time during the initial scheduling process.
CTC RegisterBlast student exam registration guide:
- Students should discuss exam times and dates with their professors prior to registering an exam at the CTC.
- Students will need to upload a copy of their course accommodation letter before the exam appointment is confirmed by the CTC.
- Students are required to request all exam appointments at least 3 days in advance in the Canvas RegisterBlast Student Portal.
- All examinations are by appointment only. Staff and seating are limited, please schedule your appointments as early as possible.
If a professor contacts a student to re-schedule an exam, students will need to cancel their exam through the ‘My History’ page in RegisterBlast, and then complete a new exam registration.
Rescheduled exams need to be submitted before the 3 day deadline. Students who miss the 3 day deadline will not be able to schedule their exam at the CTC. The student will need to test with their class or discuss other arrangements with their professor.
Who tests in the Campus Testing Center?
Accommodated Exams – Students registered with Disability and Access (SSD's new name) may reserve space in the Campus Testing Center (CTC) to take their course exams.
Note: If the student is eligible to take exams at a Testing Facility within their professor’s department, they should schedule there instead.
- McCombs testing center: Starting Second Summer session 2022, reservations are made on RegisterBlast.
- Chemistry courses: Contact information for testing center https://cm.utexas.edu/academics/undergraduate/testing-services
The Campus Testing Center (CTC) is located on the 5th floor of the George I. Sanchez Building, SZB 5.102.
Campus Testing Center Hours
- Monday – Friday: In person testing by appointment starting at 8: 30 a.m. Exams must be completed by 4:30 p.m.
- CTC Staff is available for questions and exam drop-off and pick-up from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
D&A ATEC Lab: For Tests with Adaptive Equipment
Students testing with adaptive equipment will be taking their tests in the Assistive and Technology Education Center located in the D&A office (SSB 4.206).
Location: Student Services Building (SSB) 4th floor, room 4.206
Testing Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday
Office hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday